Build a train system to allow Sims to come into your city, drawing more Sims from farther away to populate your metropolis.
While in the Trains section of the Mass Transit menu, you can view key information in the System Info. Check on the number of Sims who ride the train per day and the average wait time for a train.
- Passenger Train Station
- Heavy Rail Tracks
- German High-Speed Rail Station
- Trains carry low and medium wealth commuters and tourists.
- Trains run less frequently, but carry more passengers.
- Trains allow factories to ship freight outside the city.
- Trains can only send commuters between cities with a Train Station.
- Trains will ship resources in and out of the Global Market.
- Trains can ship resources between cities.
- Rail stations that are overwhelmed by demand might prevent trains from visiting other stations down the line, leading to massive wait times at the other stations. This can be solved by placing multiple stations closer to one another to lessen the load on the single station.